Monday, September 9, 2013

Walmart refuses to enable my addiction!

So a few people have been seeing new colors from Salon Perfect popping up in their Walmarts, and this got me pretty excited. So I went to my local Walmart the other day and the nail polish section looked as bad as it did last time I was there... mostly empty and in a state of disarray. It's nice to have a big section just for nail polish but what is the point if they never stock anything new? Or even refill the stock in the first place? 

I sometimes wonder if they don't refill the stock because they don't know half of it is missing, as in people are walking out of the store with a pocket full of polish and not paying for it. I mean the alternative to that theory is they just never stock it even though they know it's a nearly empty aisle.

All this is kinda beside the point. What I wanted to mention was the new Salon Perfect Holographic Collection which is crazy similar to China Glaze's Hologlam collection. Not surprising considering they are owned by the same parent company. They still look very pretty. Maybe not as holographic as one would like but I'm addicted to sparkly stuff.

I first saw pictures that weren't form the company at nouveaucheap. And form there did more digging and found this comparison at ohthreeohfour. Apparently a lot of the colors are pretty much exact dupes of the China Glaze colors. Which is sad but at least it gives people a cheaper way to get holo polishes. I got all my China Glaze Hologlam colors form the clearance bin at Sally Beauty so the price was pretty similar thanks to mark down.

Anyway I will continue to hold out hope that my walmart with pull it's self together and carry these colors!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Walmart is pretty bad when it comes to restocking the polish section. I remember my aunt wanted to buy Hard Candy's Black Tie Optional, and Hard Candy is exclusively at Wal-mart. We got there and the Hard Candy display wasn't even in the store! They never even set it up. We went to another Walmart and they ran out of it in their display. She found it eventually, but still. There's my story lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen that brand (Hard Candy) at my Walmart ever. My Walmart is mean. ; n;

      Delete