Thursday, September 26, 2013

Combined Days 23+24: Inspired by a Book & Movie

So because I have fallen behind I combined days 23 and 24, my Harry Potter nails are inspired by books and movies! Yaay! I'm such a cheater.... ANYWAY.

I chose to do house colors on my fingers and A skull and snake on my thumb to represent the Death Eaters/Voldemort.To achieve this particular manicure I used 10 polishes. Plus top and base coats.  I wound up doing the design twice because I didn't like how the lines on the original house color nails turned out. I had hoped it would turn out more plaid but it didn't. Then I learned a new way to use my stamper to pick up the image and avoid smearing the polish on the plate. YAY! it made it so I am able to pick up my ACTUAL plaid stamp without it smearing all over it's self. So hurrah for do overs. Also the ring finger (Ravenclaw) had to be redone three times total because the first color I used for bronze came out WAY too orange. I will share all the different "finished" designs so you can see the evolution.

First off with the overly orange Ravenclaw ring finger:


Next we have the "fixed" ring finger but the wrong stripes:



And finally we have the PERFECT house colors! Except somehow I got a black speck on my index finger that was in my top coat's brush. Weird right? But at this point I am pretty much thinking "Redo? NOPENOPENOPE" Anyway here is the final Harry Potter paint job:




An all the colors used were:

Thumb: PureIce Black Out, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet
Index: KleanColor Metallic Yellow, KleanColor Metallic Red
Middle: Pure Ice Silver Star, China Glaze Agro, 
Ring: KleanColor Metallic Mango(1st) Pure Ice Fast Lane (2nd), KleanColor Metallic Sapphire
Pinky: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow, Pure Ice Black Out


So, there we have Days 23 and 24, Inspired by a Movie and Book!

Tomorrow I will be combining Fashion and Pattern! Once again I will be a sneaky cheater!

No comments:

Post a Comment