Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 10, Gradient!

I was originally gonna use just China Glaze Get Outta My Space and China Glaze Strap On your Moon Boots to make a pink to blue holographic gradient, they sponged on so sheer I knew I would be there forever to get the opacity I like. SO I went for two colors I KNOW make a spectacular gradient. KleanColor Metallic Pink and KleanColor Metallic Sapphire. I used them as a base and got the opacity I wanted then used just China Glaze Get Outta My Space for a sheer holo top coat applied via the cosmetic sponge I had done the regular gradient with. 

What wound up happening was the China Glaze "top coat" made the vibrant base colors more dusty and added the holographic sheen I was hoping for! It is SUPER pretty even in low light when you can't see the holo effect.

Here it is indoors under my desk lamp:


You can see a hint of the holo effect but not much. Because I do my nails almost exclusively at night I had to wait until I woke up this morning to see how they fared under sunlight. I wasn't disappointed. Unfortunately my camera or my skills as a photographer are not well suited to catching the rainbow. So I have a picture and a brief video to share to try and show the beauty.







And for reference this is a gradient I did months ago with the same base colors minus the holo topping.


Over all? I am gonna be super sad to remove this for tomorrow's prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment