Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 22: Inspired by a Song, Boris the Spider.

First off, I was looking forward to this, I had so many song ideas and then I decided on a song that has a nostalgic good-feely memories. It's "Boris the Spider" by The Who. When I was in 5th grade my teacher would take any toy a kid had out during class and hold it for the day. At the end of the day he would get on the over head projector and have his plastic tarantula "eat" the offending toy and it would be returned to the kid as we were leaving to go home. While the spider was having it's meal he would play "Boris the Spider" on a little boombox. That teacher was easily one of my favorite teachers ever. He was a cool dude.

For the nails I used a base of KleanColor Metallic Aqua (cuz I like blue) then stamped with KleanColor Metallic Black. I WAS gonna stamp with PureIce Black Out but I didn't like how it looked so I switched to my only other black. I finished off with a matte top coat which helped bring out the spiders, since metallic stamps tend to blur into metallic backgrounds. However my matte top coat isn't super great quality.

RESULTS:




I like how they turned out. Not super fantastic but still pretty awesome.

And for reference The song:


No comments:

Post a Comment