Saturday, June 15, 2013

Swatch Spam: Klean Color Metallics (157-168)

So I got my nail art practice sticks that I have been planning on getting for swatching on since I have a really hard time doing my own nails cleanly. Since these arrived I have been painting almost non-stop. Here are the results. be prepared for lots of color!

Klean Color 157, Metallic White

This one is extremely sheer. I usually use it as a top coat to get a "frosted" look to my nails. Used alone it is super frustrating trying to get it to be opaque. Obviously on a white fake nail it looks solid but looks can be deceiving.

Klean Color 158, Metallic Pink

This is a lovely hot pink that I have used for gradients and stamping. On it's own it's a bit too much for my tastes. This is two coats.

Klean Color 159, Metallic Mango

A lovely orangey shade! I love this color more then I love the actual metallic orange (next picture) because it is closer to a coppery gold in hue. This is two coats.

Klean Color 160, Metallic Orange

A bit more orange than mango, which is probably why this shade got the name "orange." It's a lovely color. This is two coats.

Klean Color 161, Metallic Red

This color gets me every time. I love red, I love metallics, and a metallic red like this is one I am very happy to have gotten. It reminds me of velvety heart shaped pillows and I love it. This is two coats.

Klean Color 162, Metallic Yellow

A beautiful golden color! Why didn't they just call it "Gold?" Whatever the reason this shade is, to me, a must have in one's nail polish collection. This is two coats.

Klean Color 163, Metallic Green

While I love this color to death I doubt I will use it much any more, it has a nasty habit of staining my nails yellow even with a base coat.... So sad because this color is stunning. Two coats again.

Klean Color 164, Metallic Aqua

Have I mentioned how much I adore blue in nearly every shade? Well I do and basically no blue I find makes me go "eww, blue..." instead when I see shades like this my eyes pop out, my jaw drops and I snatch it up as fast as I can. This is two coats.

Klean Color 165, Metallic Sapphire

This is my favorite out of all the colors in this series. While it doesn't stain my nails it does stain my skin when I remove it and the polish contacts my fingertips. However the color fades fairly quickly. This color is so deep and rich it is no wonder it is called Sapphire. It deserves a gemstone for a name. Two coats.

Klean Color 166, Metallic Fuschia

This color will turn heads as it catches the eyes of everyone in a room. Vibrant without being overly neon and such a feminine color! Not much to say but "Ohh la-la!" Two coats again.

Klean Color 167, Metallic Purple

Very beautiful. Very girly and very, very shiny. One of the best purples I have seen in this price range. This is two coats.

Klean Color 168, Metallic Black

Deep dark black with hints of silver to make it a sparkly metallic color. A great black for those who love the darker shades of life. Two Coats.



And that is all of them for now. I am off to do more painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment