Thursday, December 19, 2013

Nail Vinyls! Such fun! Much Awesome!


Have you ever tried to cut your own chevron strips/stencils for your paint jobs with masking or scotch tape? I have, aaaand it sucked. Recently I was cruising around instagram and came across a small review and pictures of the beautiful lines nail vinyls makes. Without ripping up your base color or being horribly uneven in shape/size.

So I waddled to the linked shop and bought a handful of them, they are very inexpensive, and they arrived yesterday which was 2 days after they shipped. My only complaint about the shipping was it arrived at our house with the return address label ripped half off and the envelope was open. I assume it was the crazy postal service's fault but who knows for sure, everything was still in it so I'm not upset.

I wanted to try them immediately buuut we had errands to run and I didn't get back home until well past dark (which is around 5pm here) and I had to put stuff away, make dinner, and all sorts of distractions. I finally gave the french tips vinyls a try. They worked like a dream and the only problem is my nails are stubby and I am horrible and getting them straight. I don't do tips often so I figured if I used that sheet first and accidentally mutilated beyond use some of the vinyls I would not be heartbroken. HOWEVER! they worked great I was able to reposition the ones I misplaces without the adhesive damaging my base color or losing their stickyness too much to still work. That alone made me love them. After I got them situated and painted on my second color and removed them the crisp lines were to die for. However there is a noticeable "altitude" difference between where the stencil was and the second color, however it filled in and smoothed out nicely with the application of a top coat.

The result? These:

Beautiful tips using Pure Ice All Night Long and Revlon Emerald City

Compared to my usual tips these are vastly superior. And as you can see the biggest problem is my sloppy painting skills.

And for those who wonder, this is what the vinyl sheets look like:

Black (and whites if you can see them) are for half moons. The top red and greens are different sizes of chevrons. The pink is a single chevron. The lower red is three sizes of stripes and the very bottom green is for french tips.

SO, this is me saying OMG! THESE ARE GREAT! When I get more money I will be getting the lightning bolt vinyls. I am very sad that I have to wait until the first to get paid though... I want them now!

And now that you have read far too much of my raving and rambling... here is the link you probably want:

NailVinyls Shop!

Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment