Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Chevrons Attempt.

Well since the big day is quite literally around the corner (five days?!) I decided to start playing with ideas for how to do my nails for Christmas. Last night I was really having trouble sleeping so I just decided that was the time to start. Three in the morning is a great time to paint your nails right? Right.

So I got out my only solid gold polish, which is actually Klean Color Metallic Yellow, then started looking for a good metallic green and a good metallic red that would look good with the "yellow." I finally settled on Wet-n-Wild Poison Ivy and Wet-n-Wild Under Your Spell. Ironically those are from the Halloween/Fall collection if memory serves.... 

Anyway painted on a base coat, then the gold, waited for everything to dry up, then applied some single chevron Nail Vinyls, aand on went the green(Poison Ivy) on all but my ring fingers who each got the red color (Under your Spell).

Naturally polish went everywhere, my nails, my skin, my desk.... it was after 3am, that's my excuse. Yep. I was tired, uh-huh, yep.

Anyway After removing the Nail Vinyls I had some pretty rad looking nails but they don't strike me as a great Christmassy paint job. One of my friends (who happened to be online while I was doing this) says they remind her of Power Rangers. Not what I was aiming for, not at all.... Still I really like them.

Here is a picture:


These were taken pretty much right after I finished doing clean up. After I took these pictures I was still not ready to sleep so I took a shower and next thing I knew the sun was rising. Whoops.

But wait... the sun... for the first time in weeks is actually showing through the clouds?

SUNSHINE NAIL POLISH PHOTO OP!

So I took a couple more pictures and my nails looked even better anyway thanks to the shower lifting off more excess polish.


The reason these aren't Christmassy enough is that the green and red are too dark. So my next attempt will involve a brighter green and a brighter red if I have one. I don't have very many reds.... Also in the sunshine pictures you can see my flubs. Whoopsie-poopsie.

Anyway, have a holly jolly holiday season! If I don't see you again before the holidays are past I hope they are merry and full of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment