Saturday, December 14, 2013

"Advanced Stamping"

This was fun to do. It was also mildly difficult. It's a nail stamping technique that I have been wanting to try but wasn't sure how to do it until I stumbled across a blog post (link here) that explained it and made me giddy. I used the stamper I had, and it worked great but I don't know how squishy or not squishy different stampers are. My stamper came with the Salon Express kit my mom got me last year.

Anyway this was my first attempt:


Like I said this was super fun but also fairly hard since I was painting with a nail polish bottle brush not a fine nail art brush (which I have a set of now! WOO!). I really liked it and everyone I showed in the real world were impressed, which was fun.

Anyway if you have stamping supplies and a stamp plate with a design that lends it's self to this technique, DEFINITELY try it at least once. It's pretty awesome.

Polishes Used:
Base: Finger Paints Pink Patina
Stamp: Finger Paints Pretty as a Portrait
Stamp Flowers: Sally Hansen Xtreme Lacy Lilac
Top Coat: Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment