Thursday, March 14, 2013

First Water Marble

I did water marbling today, and my fingers are quite blue now. Next time I will try using tape for covering my fingers instead of vasoline. Cuz really it is a pain to get that stuff off and I doubt that the nail polish remover on my fingers is good for them.

Most people say use a white base color coat, alas I have no white polish. So I used an NYC brand pink, 139A, for my base color coat then did the marbling with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in the shades "Gun Metal" and "Blue Me Away". I was planing on a Blue and Pink marble but my pink dried instantly in the water not matter what I did to try and make it work. Oh well.

This is the result.


I need to do more clean-up but I ran out of time before my sister called and needed me to rush to her place and watch her kid. Which is where I am now (kidlet is sleeping)

As you can see my fingers are pretty blue on the skin thanks to the blue polish, and you can also see a bit of pink through the gunmetal. Over all I really like how they turned out. I will probably post a better picture when I can get them cleaned up more.

Edit:

Several hours later, they still don't look great but they are cleaned up more. I will do this again, definitely.

My right hand was my first. It came out kinda... not great. You can see the pinkish base coat under the gun metal because the metallic gunmetal spread too thin on the water.





My left turned out better because I then knew to put more then one drop of gunmetal per "ring." This makes it less translucent. However the pink is still visible.




No comments:

Post a Comment