Sunday, February 16, 2014

First of all some of those pictures I promised from my internet break!

Here I have some OPI swatches I did during the week of boredom.

First of all I have OPI Incognito in Sausalito, from the Fall 2013 San Fransisco collection. This polish is a very, very dark navy blue. When I wear it half of the time my family mistakes if for a black. I personally love it for it's deep color. It's what I imagine deep oceans would look like from the ocean floor looking up. I used two coats and Seche Vite for the following picture, also pardon the damage to my fingertips I was a bundle of nerves and was thus chewing a lot.





The next color I have is OPI Teal The Cows Come Home, from the brights collection. I cannot get over how much  love this color. It is a beautiful shimmery light blue that honestly reminds me of the pool at my grandmother's home in San Diego. This is two coats with Seche Vite on top. My camera made the color appear a bit brighter than it should be but it is still a very up-beat blue.





Next we have OPI Purple with a Purpose, also from the brights collection. Everytime I get this polish out I have a small laugh when I inevitably blurt out "Poiple with a Poipose," I never claimed to be mature.... Anyway, this color, to me seems like a purple version of Teal the Cows Come Home. This is a very bright, and very friendly purple that is perfect for spring and summer. I applied two coats and Seche Vite. Again the picture turned out a bit bright.





And my final OPI swatch is OPI Muir, Muir On the Wall from the San Fransisco collection. This is a gorgeous duo-chrome shimmer that has a subtle plumb-burgundy to a dark copper shift. I love this color but it needs a bit of dedication to get it perfect. If you apply a heavy coat it will show brush stroke lines, if you apply a light coat it is very sheer, so I apply two or three thin cots to avoid the greater evil. The brush stroke lines. Pictured I used 2 coats with Seche Vite to top it off.



As a footnote, this color is most likely named for John Muir who was a great guy and deserves plenty of respect and is 100% worth learning about.

So that's all of them, the four OPI polishes I had at the time. I now have eight plus three shatters. Will get pictures of the rest of them someday.

So which of these colors do you think is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment